Monday, March 9, 2009

One man's trash...

I dumpster-dove a new grill today! Well, new to me I mean. When we moved in here there was an old gas grill by the patio. I asked if it came with the house and the property manager said, "If you can get it to work, it's yours."

Well I got half of the burner plate to work but I think the other half was too rusted out. So I've been looking for a bargain on a gas grill and not finding one. I would just get a charcoal grill (I'm a charcoal man anyway) but then I'd be stuck with a brand new propane tank.

Well anyway, I was driving home today and saw it sitting on the curb at the end of the street. I walked back down to see what it looked like and decided it was a keeper. The only bad thing was the 6am wake-up I subjected my neighbors to while rolling it up the hill.

I got it started up and it seems to work fine. The ignitor doesn't seem to work but I think those are often bad. My parents and brother will be here in a few days and now they can expect some tasty grass-fed meats grilled outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment