Sunday, March 15, 2009

Pork enthusiasm

So I got called a 'Pork Enthusiast' this weekend. I took it as a compliment as it was coming from the very nice Eco-Friendly Foods lady at the Arlington Farmer's Market. Though I've bought plenty of chicken and goat from them I guess she remembers my enthusiasm for their delicious pork products the most.

The reason she was calling me names was to tell me about an interesting Wall Street Journal article on Bev Eggleston's pork. Check it out, especially the slideshow.

Speaking of Eco-Friendly, we had a delicious breakfast today featuring their meats. I made both their bacon (which they finally had!) and their breakfast sausage that I bought a few weeks ago. That was coupled with eggs from, and pancakes made with buttermilk from, our first dairy delivery. What a nice breakfast! You can really taste the farm-freshness!

No comments:

Post a Comment