Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hop order is in

Well, I've placed my hop rhizome order with Freshops. In the hop pot, I'll be growing Wye Viking. I also ordered one rhizome of Centennial to stick in the ground and let be.

Two years ago I planted Cascade, Centennial, and Willamette. Cascade was the most prolific but as the most common American IPA hop, it just seemed kind of boring to plant. Centennial did the worst but it was poorly located. I am going to try it again in the dirt below our porch.

The main variety I am growning though is Viking. I can't really find out much about it, which is part of the attraction. I don't even know when it will be ready for harvest, which is part of the reason I am also growing the early Centennial.

It's currenty snowing outside, so I guess I'll be starting these indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment